Stearns & Foster Angie Estate Mattress is too firm, soft latex topper

Caitlinn writes:


Hello! I just received my new Stearns & Foster Angie Estate; it felt super great in the store, even better than the same one in the pillow top, but I got it delivered today and it is WAY too hard. Nothing like the super dream full sleep I had expected! And not at all like the one I had tested in the store. (and I tested EVERY MATTRESS). I am experiencing some buyers remorse, do I immediately return/exchange it for a different mattress, maybe one with a pillow top? I am a back sleeper and recently I have had lower back pain every day after I wake up (hence purchasing the new bed) and I know the firmness helps support that.. but I couldn't even sleep on my bed the entire night! talk about a depressing nearly $2,000. haha, I want the support for my lower back, but I also want it to be comfortable like heaven sent clouds and rainbows. What do I do? Exchange it for the pillow top? Does mattresses need time to "break-in?"
Thanks in advance for your help,
Caitlinn


Hi Caitlinn,
The good news is, you have a new mattress and not one that someone else returned using a comfort exchange. A new mattress is tight, at first, and will loosen up over the next couple of weeks.
The time it will take to feel like the floor sample could be quite a bit longer. The floor samples are quite a bit older and many people have plopped on them. 
Pillowtops wear out quickly and this is a long term purchase. You can always get a topper to soften the surface of what you have.
If you are heavier than average, the topper is an excellent idea for the longevity of the mattress, since you can't flip them anymore, they generally last half as long as they used to.
Latex is the best kind of topper, as it is the longest lasting. A 2" Soft Talalay Latex Topper will do the best job...Shown here:


100% All-Natural Latex Mattress Toppers
All-Natural Latex Mattress Topper



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments