Mattress for a Large Man, Flippable Therapedic...like my old Sealy Posturepedic

David writes:


Hi,
The Stats:
I am 6’6” tall, weigh 320 lbs., am 50 years old and I sleep with a Bi-Pap machine for sleep apnea. I have a deterioration of the thoracic spine that can cause immobility and pain. I have occasional hip pain and moderate neck issues. I have been treated for apnea for the past 7 years. I am regularly monitored for apnea and my doctors tell me the treatment is working well. I sleep an average 6 hours per night.
The Problem:
During the past 5 years my wife and I have gone through several mattresses. Today we have side by side Twin XL’s. I never feel rested. Some mornings I wake and feel as though I have been in a fight all night. We had a Queen Sealy Posturpedic for a number of years that was flippable. It finally wore out and we had to replace it. We bought another Queen Posturpedic that was now non-flippable and after 5+ years it developed a large hump in the middle. We got rid of that bed and bought Twin XL adjustable latex foam beds in 2010 called PRIMO from a local furniture retailer. They were firm but only 8 “ thick. After just 12 to 18 months my back, neck and hip problems exploded. Most days I feel beat up and wrung out. We had purchased a Queen foam mattress for our daughter called Spa Sensations (Made in China from Walmart) that was twelve inches thick. It had good reviews. Our daughter liked it. I decided to try it. After sleeping on it for about a week, I was feeling better every day and my metabolism was improving.  I went back to my mattress and went straight down hill again. I ordered a Twin version of the Spa Sensation for myself and it was a disaster. It is too soft, too short and does not have the same level of support that the Queen has.
I am desperate and frustrated for a good night’s sleep. I believe if I could ever get some good quality sleep that I could begin losing weight more effectively and perform better on the job. I need help. My wife found your site and suggested I write you. I have been trying to find a less expensive solution for my bed but that is not really an issue. I just feel that many of the mattresses today are way over priced but, I am now willing to do what it takes to get the proper rest. We have checked out Tempurpedic and I like the Contour Select. I just don’t know if I should be looking at a foam mattress or if they will have the support I need in a smaller Twin XL as opposed to a Queen or King. My chiropractor says I should stick with coil mattresses. I have also looked at Select Comfort but have heard horror stories of mold and other problems. Can you tell me anything to help?

David
Hi David,
there is a sleep system mattress that will hold you and be comfortable too. It happens to be made, very much like your old Sealy Posturepedic. It's flippable and will hold you.
Make it comfortable with a 2" layer of soft latex. Unlike other types of padding, latex is both, comfortable and resilient...a whole lot longer lasting than the poly or memory foam found in most mattresses. Here are links to that mattress and to the latex toppers.




Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments