Two-Sided Mattress for a 300 lb. man


Kathy writes:



Hi Pete, I’ve gone through about 5 single-sided mattresses in a few years after having one double-sided mattress for about 20 years.  Little did I know you can’t go into a retail store and get a double-sided mattress.  Single-sided mattresses are the worst invention ever.  I’ve tried Sealy, Sterns & Foster, etc. and paid good money.  Also tried inexpensive ones, then I finally found a double-sided relic at a garage sale for $100 which hadn’t been used, which lasted me 2 years until it expired.
If I buy a MediCoil Permatuft Cushion Firm, can I expect it to feel like a good, solid, supportive, restful mattress which I could have bought anywhere many years ago?  I’m a stomach sleeper so plush ones are no good for my back.  Serta has some in their hotel collection.  Is this one I’m referencing better than the Serta?
I’m desperate.  Had I known this was coming, I would have bought several mattresses 20 years ago and stored them somewhere.  Not kidding.
Thanks Pete, - Kathy


Hi Kathy,
The two sided mattresses disappeared a while ago. The industry figured out that they could sell you half a mattress and have you replace it twice as often. The, they discovered the beauty of memory foam...how it wears out without showing. Now, you'd be lucky to get a year or two for most mattresses made today.
From hearing so many wanting a two sided mattress, we decided to have them made. And not "just like that" to be sure. It took years to find a well established manufacturer to go along with it.
The Medi Coil models were an after-thought. While we were at it, we decided to produce a model that would withstand the pressure of those who carry extraordinary body weight.
If you think today's mattresses don't wear well, you can imagine how much less they wear under someone weighing 500 pounds.
The Medi-Coil was designed for people who are 300 pounds or more.
The Cameo models are where to go for any below that weight.
Of the 4 total models, the Cameo plush is the only one that you can describe as being comfortable.
The materials used 20 years ago are mostly gone. We did use the best of what is available today.
None of these mattresses have memory foam.

Here's the link to all of our two sided models.

 Therapedic Keepsake Cameo Two-Sided Mattress             
Medi Coil Ultimate Permatuft











Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Also Featuring High Quality Sheets from Dream Fit...Guaranteed to fit and Guaranteed to Stay On

Comments

Post a Comment