Latex Mattress Topper, Allergy

Magda writes:


Pete – I prefer to sleep on my stomach, but will alternate to side and back. My challenge is a too soft mattress let’s me sink in on my stomach and then I awake with horrible lower back pain. Too firm and right side sleeping leaves me with sciatic pain on the left side. I am actually sleeping part time on the leather couch right now so I don’t get up hobbling. There I sleep on my back or slightly right side. It is soft I have not had pressure point issue and awake with no pain. However that only works for a night or two. My sleeping habits have deteriorated to hell. We are looking to buy a new king set. My current bed is a Sealy, fairly firm with a cushiony top – not pillow top or Eurotop. I thought of a firm mattress with a separately purchased top, however I am allergic to Latex, which seems to be what you recommend. . Any guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Magda


Hi Magda,
The allergen in latex is the protein....and you have to be touching it, to react to it.
In using a latex topper, a mattress pad and linens separate you from the latex. Not only are you not touching it, the protein was removed during processing.
Your thought of a firmer mattress and soft latex topper will do what you want, do it well, and last a long time. And it's hypo-allergenic.
Here are links to the mattress/topper combination that we recommend most. Tried and true over the last three years...it works great.
 



All-Natural Latex Mattress Topper






Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

               
Also Featuring High Quality Sheets from Dream Fit...Guaranteed to fit and Guaranteed to Stay On

Comments