A Soft Talalay Latex Topper makes a too firm mattress very comfortable

Reyhan writes:
Platform Bed


We bought a king size platform bed almost 2 years ago and a new mattress (no box spring) and I've had lower back pain in bed ever since (no pain during the day but I feel like a cripple all night and trying to get out of bed in the morning).  When I sleep in any other bed (even a crummy one), my back is fine.  I think I need a boxspring but we like the look of the low bed (the platform is a solid piece of wood - no slats).  Is there a solution - a thin boxspring/mattress combo perhaps?  I didn't want to spend more money on a new mattress but now I'm starting to think it would be worth it if it solved my pain.  Help!


Hi Reyhan,

Your mattress, on that platform, is firmer than it would be on its boxspring.
Since you don't want to lose the look of the platform, you can add a 2" soft layer of Talalay latex to the top, which will relieve your pressure points and make the surface of your mattress much more comfortable.
Compared to buying a new bed, it's a low cost option that lasts a long time. 
Here's the link to the latex toppers.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Also Featuring High Quality Sheets from Dream Fit...Guaranteed to fit and Guaranteed to Stay On

Comments