Simmons Beautyrest Black Roxanne extra-firm mattress

Laura writes:

Hi!
I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Black Roxanne  extra-firm mattress a few months ago. Don't know if it's because I purchased a discontinued floor model, but this bed feels too hard for me. (Though my boyfriend purchased a floor model of the same bed the same day from a different store and I swear his feels softer.)
I'm regretting not having purchased one of the Beautyrest Black plush firm tight-top models. (Don't like pillow-tops and the problems they bring.)
I should add I have osteoarthritis in my right hip (getting a hip replacement in December). Lately I feel it's worse than ever. And last Wednesday my lower back has started killing me to the point where I can't bend down.
I am 53, a side sleeper, and of normal weight.
Okay, so finally my questions: What latex (I know not memory foam, having read your answers to similar questions on this site) topper thickness (2" or 3"?) and firmness (soft, medium, or firm) do you recommend to turn my Beautyrest Roxanne extra-firm into the Beautyrest Black I wish I'd purchased?
Will the latex make me hot during the night, as I read memory foam does?
And does this topper go between the mattress and the mattress pad, or between the mattress pad and the fitted sheet? Does it require its own cover?
Thank you for your time! Laura


Hi Laura,
Clearly, the mattress is too firm. Yours being firm could only mean that yours was new and your friend's was a floor sample. There is a white label sewn into the back edge of the mattress. It gives the date of manufacture. Compare the dates to test that theory.
All you need is 2" of soft latex. 3" is often too soft.
It's 100% natural Talalay Latex and does comes with a cover. I would apply the topper to the mattress and use your mattress pad to cover both. I don't use the cover that came with mine.
Latex and memory foam are as different as night and day. Memory foam sleeps hottest, while latex sleeps coolest of all the foams.
Here is a link to the toppers. 



Latex Mattress Topper



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments