Doctor's Choice Euro Top Mattress

Jennifer writes:

Hello,
I just got a new bed and mattress. I went to a local mattress shop and ended up with a Doctor's Choice Euro Top. They said it was their best seller and highest rated. I sleep on my side and back, so they told me to get the softest one. It feels very bouncy to me. I am used to firmer, cheap Ikea mattresses that come rolled up in a bag honestly.... And I was always happy. I do not have any back problems luckily, but do have sleep issues and waking up refreshed is a constant struggle for me. 
I have been waking up sore and tired in the morning, so I did some research. Apparently, Doctor's Choice are very poorly rated and do not hold up well. I found so many negative reviews of these sagging and squeaking after a very short time. And medium firm mattresses seem to be the general consensus as best for the average person. 
I do know that I should give a new one a couple of weeks adjustment time. I have been asking around to my friend's, and someone said that I had to contact you for advice.
I am looking to spend less than $800.
Thank you! Jennifer


Hi Jennifer,
You were sold "a bill of goods", so to speak...an off brand you never heard of has to be "sold". You certainly didn't go in asking for that.
Mattress salespeople, today, tend to be more ruthless than used car salespeople used to be. Carfax helped with that.
There's nothing for the mattress business to protect you from some lying sack of sh*t looking to make any sale he can, with soft mattresses selling easily...this one provides a higher profit and more commissions.

I must pause, as I seem to have gotten myself worked up into a state. 
Let me be clear. There are many fine people doing their level best in this business. You were unfortunate to not have found one of them. 
Personally, I would send that junk back and insist on a refund...even if it took the BBB and your state's Attorney General's office to get that done.

There are many trusting souls, such as yourself, who buy first and research second. This "cart before the horse" shopping technique doesn't work for most of them. So, you are actually in the majority...so don't feel bad.
As you research, you will find complaints about every brand, from people like you, who buy without having researched. These people are buying mattresses that the salesman can easily sell due to their comfort level, or products that are higher in profit for obvious reasons.
Within each brand and each line, there are beds to avoid and beds that have value. 

Here's a link to one of the best buys in your price range....providing firm contouring support.


Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Classic Lumberton Luxury Firm





Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments