Stearns & Foster Golden Elegance Mattress

 
Audrey writes:

Hi,
I found a King Size Stearns & Foster Golden Elegance (older) for sale from a friend whose Grandma passed away. The bed was hardly used and in her guest room. I'm not sure how old it is yet, but it's in beautiful condition. It doesn't look like the newer ones, so must be an older model. They're asking $1099 for it. My husband and I both have disk issues. He weighs 180 and I weigh 130. Do you think this is a deal?! 

Hi Audrey,
The Golden Elegance has been Stearns & Foster's very top line model for years. It is the most luxurious mattress they have ever made. There is a white label sewn into the back seam, that shows the date of manufacture.
From $4000 to $5000 when new, you could say that $1099 is a deal.
But regardless of the value of the deal, a bed with that level of luxury is not a good choice for someone with a bad back. In fact, it's the kind of bed that will give you a bad back, if you don't already have one.
I hate to rain on your parade. I know how tempting it is. 
A mattress as a luxury item, is a bad mix. Your body requires firmer support than that mattress provides.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments