Therapedic Cameo Two-sided Mattress, plush or firm?

Rob writes:


Hi Pete,
I read your blog extensively before our last mattress purchase about five years ago. We ended up with a Sealy Posturepedic Holly Springs Cushion Firm, and then added a 2" latex topper for comfort. It was great for about a month. Unfortunately, it developed severe body impressions, even with weekly turning. For the past few years, I had back pain until I decided to flip the mattress a few months ago. Even though it is a one-sided mattress, I now sleep better on the flip side. My wife, on the other hand, now has persistent back pain. We can't win. I am looking at your Cameo plush and firm and I wanted to get your suggestion on one or the other. Our latex topper is still in good condition and I would like to continue using it. My weight is 165 and my wife is around 110. I am a back sleeper and she sleeps on her side and stomach.
Thanks, Rob
Raleigh, NC

Hi Rob,
Both Cameo  models are extremely well made. 
Base your decision on what sort of feel you're looking for. The firm is quite firm...firmer than the Sealy you have.
While the exception to the rule sometimes presents itself, the rule for a female as light as your wife, is to go with the plush.
Check your boxspring for weak spots. A 5 year old Posturepedic boxpring should still be in very good condition. If it appears and feels nice and firm, you can get away with buying the mattress only.
Here is the link to the two-sided Cameo mattress.




Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments