A mattress for a large woman with Fibromyalgia and Herniated Discs



Hi,
I have learned so much from your blog, and would love your advice specific to my needs. 
My husband and I are both 5'10", weigh 200 pounds each (trying to lose weight!), and sleep on a cheap firm queen size innerspring with an egg crate on top. I have been sleeping on this bed fora year and a half (we are newlyweds). I have a herniated disc in my neck, and 3 herniated discs in my low back. I have been having muscle weakness/circulation issues/pain that started 8 yearsago on a brand new Simmons Beautyrest Plush pillowtop. I added a memory foam on top in a 
desperate attempt for comfort, but to no    avail. When I moved, I tossed it, and when I 
married my husband, we have been sleeping on his old mattress until we could  find a new one. My symptoms are horrible, and interfere with my sleep. I am constantly exhausted from no sleep& constant pain, and it is interfering with my daily functions. We know we need a new bed NOWWe are trying to keep everything under $2000 for a King that will support me as a stomach/sidesleeper with these disc/nerve issues and fibro. I need support, but must have cradling for my 
sore muscles. 
My husband sleeps like a rock, and doesn't care what we get, as long as it helps me.
I almost fell victim to the "Pillowtop Plush" trap, as the comfort of that caused me to simply 
melt in the store. I can see now that the purchase of a pillowtop will not be a wise investment.
I look forward to your advice!
Sara

Hi Sara,
I can get you close to the $2000 cap. You need a firm mattress that is strong enough to support your weights and your backs. Add to that, 2" of soft latex to cushion the surface. You'll find this sleep system to be everything you need. If your fibro is severe, you can add a comforter for additional surface softness.
The comforter provides a great deal of softness, but will need frequent replacing.
Here are links to the mattress and topper. 





Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments