Simmons Beautyrest TruEnergy Annelise extra firm mattress

Lisa writes:


Hi Pete,
A month ago I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest TruEnergy Annelise extra firm full mattress. I loved it for the first few nights, but now it doesn't seem to have enough support. I am almost 300 lbs. with back, knee, and hip issues that feel worse with this mattress. Would a latex topper help with a mattress that is not firm enough? Is there a firmer Simmons Truenergy? Thank you, Lisa

Hi Lisa,
That's not the kind of mattress I would have recommended for girl your size. The Black Series Bray would have been better. The coil system is the strongest in the Simmons Beautyrest Black line.
If you're stuck with what you have, a 2" firm latex topper is your best/only solution.
If going with the Bray, you'll want to add the 2" soft latex topper for surface comfort.




Dear Pete,
Thank you so much for your advice and for your wonderful website and blog. I certainly wish I had discovered it before I ventured out into the mattress wilderness alone and uninformed. I am going to give the Simmons Beautyrest TruEnergy Annelise to a family member who weighs a lot less than I do. I would like a two-sided mattress and I'm interested in your Therapedic Keepsake Collection and the Medi Coil Ultimate Permatuft. I am 5'4", 290lbs, 51 years old. I have hip, knee and back pain. I sleep mostly on my side and sometimes on my stomach. I have very weak core muscles and nerve damage due to a lesion on my spinal cord. A mattress without enough support for my hips and back makes it very difficult to move around in the morning. Would the Keepsake Collection be enough for me, or do I need the Medi coil? Would the plush Medi coil with latex be better, or the cushion firm with a separate latex topper? I'm not sure how how much softness I need to add to a firm mattress because I've never had a mattress that was too firm.
Your two-sided mattresses seem to be exactly what I'm looking for, but if they're not and I make another wrong decision, would I be able to return them? I'm not anticipating a problem, but I just thought I'd ask.
Thank you again for all the invaluable information you provide for us mattress idiots.
Lisa

Hi Lisa,
We do not offer a return on any of the mattresses we carry. The cost of exchanges is high.
We find it better to know what we're doing and steer you right.
The Medi Coil plush is the logical choice. It can be softened with a latex topper, but may not need to be. You'll know after you've slept on it for a week.

Medi-Coil Permatuft Plush with Latex



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments