Padding shifted on my Serta Bonvivant mattress.

Santosh writes:

Dear Sir, 
I am from Bangalore India. I am taking the liberty of writing to you regarding a problem I have faced with my Serta Bonvivant mattress. The mattress is 8 months old.
3 weeks ago while redecorating my bedroom the mattress was placed on its side for a few hours only.  When it was replaced on the bed, to my horror the entire padding had shifted rendering the mattress unusable (as the attached pictures show). The mattress has a 10 year warranty. The Serta  company said it was not a manufacturing defect but  as a result of placing the mattress on its side. I find it hard to believe that this could have  happened in a few hours. 
Have you come across such a problem in your experience? would value your expert opinion .
I came across your site while looking for answers to my peculiar situation.
Sincerely, Santosh


Hi Santosh,
You'll find this to be a common problem, even when buying a new mattress, as many retailers store mattresses on their side.
There is no warranty remedy for this, as it is not a manufacturer's defect.
The best you can hope for, is that gravity will do its job and reverse the damage, by storing it on its opposite side for a short time.

Thanks, Pete

An Important Note: 
Any kind of moisture, be it from spills, accidents or perspiration causes a mattress to wear prematurely.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and won't shrink.

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments