Back pain on an all latex mattress.

Crystal writes: 

Hi Pete,

We have an all latex mattress, and I wake up with my back in pain.
All the research I did, told me that an all latex mattress was the best you could buy. 
So, why does my back hurt.
We bought the mattress on-line, and it came in sections. I've rearranged those sections numerous times.
I just can't seem to find a combination that doesn't cause me pain.
To complicate matters, I have fibromyalgia, which does feel better with this mattress. 
But I can't live with the back pain.
What did I do wrong and how do I fix this? 
I thought latex was supposed to be the best.
We are average size people, so excessive weight isn't an issue for us.
I appreciate your guidance.
Thanks, Crystal
 
Hi Crystal,
You can't fix that. Let me help you complete your research. There were a number of things you missed.
The first thing is to know what's going on with your body. 
You have some disc problems in your spine that have yet to be diagnosed.
It's a common problem that develops with age...along with a number of other causes.
 
Latex is, in fact, the best of the foams. 
Many of these latex mattresses in pieces, that you can find online, are made in China.
Much of the latex that comes from China has clay added as a filler. 
Since clay is a natural material, the mattresses are sold as "all-natural".
However, adding clay to the mix reduces the comfort, resiliency, and longevity of the latex.
Chinese latex is, typically, the worst of all the latex available.
Even so, it's better than memory foam, which is the absolute worst upholstery material.
 
That said, latex...even the highest quality latex...has something in common with all other foams.
Even the best latex does not have the push-back support needed for disc-related back problems.
The best type of support is an individually pocketed coil.
Mattresses using that type of coil system and natural latex (not from China), is the best you can do.
The Natura of Canada Greenspring Ultra Plush Mattress is my recommendation. 
 
 
Liberta-mattress-on-a-10in-Organic-foundation-with-Organic-pillows (1)
This mattress comes with white glove delivery.
Delivery includes set-up and removal of all packing materials.
Delivery is free throughout the US and Canada
 
Thanks, Pete 
 
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of any mattress, keeping it clean and dry.
 
Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com
Voicemail: 856-874-6894
 
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Comments