My back is killing me on a 17 year old Serta Pillowtop Mattress.

Stefanie writes: 



Hi Pete,

I have a really bad lower back and am a belly sleeper. I am 5.11 (145 lbs) , my husband 6.4 (200 lbs).
We have a 17 year old Serta Pillowtop Mattress, and needs to go because my back is killing me!
When I did research, most sites recommend memory foam mattresses. I do not find them firm enough.
My chiropractor recommends select comfort or sleep number.
What mattress do you recommend for relieving lower back pain?
Thank you for your time!
Stefanie
Good Morning Stefanie,
Your chiropractor should be horse whipped...meddling in things he, obviously, knows nothing about.
And, you can tell him I said so. Memory foam is bad enough, but following his advice would be even worse. 
Not only is a sleep number bed upholstered with memory foam, an air mattress provides the worst kind of support for your chronic back pain. Displacement is not support.
I guess he must need the business...recommending something that would make your back worse.
I recommend you lose that quack and find a real health professional.
And, you can tell him I said so. Better still, have him give me a call. That boy needs schooling and a scolding!
Serta never made a great mattress.
That you’ve hung onto that one for so long has exacerbated your back problems.
And now that all of the major brands are using memory foam, they are all worthless for back pain relief.
I have a variety of disc related back problems...herniated, bulging, ddd.
I hit the trifecta in the world of back problems.
Yet, I sleep and wake without back pain, thanks to the mattress I sleep on.
This mattress providing excellent firm support and a comfortable sleeping surface.
I’m recommending the same mattress for you.
The Natura of Canada Greenspring Ultra Plush Mattress
Click on this link to view specifications and prices:

The individually pocketed coils provide support that pushes up against your back, contouring to the shape of your body, maintaining the natural alignment of your spine. This spinal alignment is key to relieving your back pain.
The coils are double tempered and are stronger than anything Simmons makes.
The Natural Talalay Latex upholstery is far more resilient than memory foam or even the poly foam used in your current Serta mattress.
Despite the comfort designation of ultra plush, this mattress is not too soft for a stomach sleeper....due to the high density of the upholstery materials and the over-all high quality of the components.
This mattress comes with white glove delivery.
Delivery includes set-up in your bedroom and removal of all packing materials.
Delivery is free
Thanks, Pete 
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of any mattress, keeping it clean and dry.
https://www.themattressexpert.com/protectors_and_encasements.html#/
Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com
Voicemail: 856-874-6894
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Comments