A mattress recommendation for a very big guy, 330 lbs., 6'2".

Steve writes: 

Hi Pete,

I am a very big guy, 330 lbs., 6'2". I'm usually a side sleeper, but not 100%.  I, recently, slept on a Simmons Beautyrest mattress in a holiday inn express hotel, and it was amazing
After doing some research, I saw a comment on Simmons Beautyrest mattresses not wearing well.
I agree with you about memory foam. I hate memory foam. 
It makes me feel trapped. I like moving when I want to.
I have had a hip replacement, along with some knee and shoulder issues. I just turned 45.    
What is your mattress recommendation for me?
Thanks, Steve
Hi Steve,
The thing that makes a Simmons Beautyrest so comfortable, is the contouring support from the individually pocketed coils. This type of support maintains the natural alignment of the body and spine. 
However, the coils in a Beautyrest are not very strong, made of raw, non-tempered steel.
Those mattresses are upholstered with memory foam, which wears quickly and sleeps hot.
The sinking feeling and feeling trapped, along with the off gassing of the toxic chemicals used to make memory foam are two more good reasons to avoid any mattress with memory foam in it.
My recommendation for long term durability comes in two parts...
…a good strong firm mattress for support and a softer latex topper for surface comfort. 
The Wolf Jessica Mattress uses the strongest individually pocketed coils available, with NO Memory Foam.
Click on this link to view specifications and prices for that mattress:

The latex topper will absorb much of your body weight, which will enhance the lifespan of the mattress.
The recommended Latex Topper for your size is the Suite Sleep 2" Organic Dunlop Latex in Medium Soft.
Those latex toppers, shown here:

Together, this sleep system combination will provides everything you want...support, comfort and longevity.
Shipping is Free.
Thanks, Pete 
You Should Know 
Using an old box spring to support any new mattress will cause premature wear and void the manufacturer’s warranty.
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of a mattress by keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry.
Voicemail: 856-874-6894

Comments