I'm interested in the Brolynn Old Fashioned Two-Sided Mattress in Plush.

Susan writes: 




Hi Pete,

I'm interested in the queen size Brolynn Old Fashioned Two-Sided Mattress in Plush.
I'm also considering adding the organic cotton waterproof mattress protector. 
I've been reading your blogs and questions from people asking your advice about which kind of mattress to purchase.  I am 63, female, 5'4" and about 159lbs.  I am a back/side sleeper and tend to have neck and shoulder pain on occasion.  (That's probably where I hold all my stress).  
I have a platform bed that has a headboard and a plywood bottom for the mattress.  
Do you recommend a mattress topper also at this time?  
If so, which would be better for me in your opinion...the Suite Sleep Pure Vita Talalay Latex topper 2" medium soft or the Suite Sleep 3" soft organic latex mattress topper.
Thank you!
Susan
Hi Susan,
You may find the Brolynn mattress in Plush to be all you need.
So adding a topper now is premature and not recommended.
After you’ve had this mattress for a week, and at that time feel like you want a softer mattress, then would be the time to discuss which one.
What I do recommend that you get now, is a new pillow for your neck.
The  organic cotton waterproof mattress protector are excellent.
If your neck pain is from stress, then the Classic Talalay in low profile is incredibly soft and comfortable. 
If you have neck damage or arthritis, the Shredded Talalay pillow is the better choice…allowing you to manipulate the fill to fit around your head and neck just the way you like.
Here’s a link to those pillows.

And for your convenience, a link to the Brolynn mattress

And to the waterproof mattress protectors

UPS/FedEx Shipping Is Free
Thanks, Pete 
You Should Know 
Using an old box spring to support any new mattress will cause premature wear and void the manufacturer’s warranty.
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of a mattress by keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry.
Voicemail: 856-874-6894

Comments