Herniated Disc Pain on a Firm and Plush Simmons Beautyrest Mattress.

Kerri writes:

Hi Pete,
Like many, I am struggling to successfully purchase an acceptable mattress.
Within the last 9 months, I've purchased and returned a Simmons beautyrest firm and plush version. 
The firm and the models sent my herniated discs into excruciating pain and is never quite settled down.
I purchased a third Simmons that has less coils, and is listed as a plush pillowtop but I'm still struggling with pain.
I never realized how complicated and frustrating this can be.
I'd push for an exchange, even though I'm past my window of opportunity, but have no clue what I need. 
I tried to ensure the gap in my lower back was formed against the mattress but still a bad pick.
Should I try a topper?
Should I bite the bullet and try another mattress?
I'm 53, 5 feet, 4 inches, 115 pounds.
I am usually a back sleeper but it's just too painful and in the morning. 
It takes a couple of hours to move normally.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much, Kerri

Hi Kerri,
You have a unique situation...herniated discs and an pronounced arch in the small of your back.
Normally, a firm mattress works well for a herniated disc.
However, your arch makes that painful.
You found some relief with a plush pillowtop, but that too, is a bad fit.
I recommend that you exchange your mattress for a medium firm or luxury firm beautyrest.
This will be better support foam your herniated disc...without being too firm.
Add to that, a Pure Bliss 3" Plush Natural Talalay Latex Topper.
This will fill in the arch in your back.
This sleep system combination will provide your body with everything is needs...and do so for many years.
Here is a link to those latex toppers.

Shipping is free and there's nos sales tax.


VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase longevity.
Use our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 
Thanks, Pete

Questions?

Speak with The Expert
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
(Please include your time zone with your message)

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments