Back Pain on a Serta iComfort Mattress Lacking Support.

Greg writes:

Hi Pete,
I've had bad back pain for many years. 
I've had off and on sciatica possibly due to a recent discovery that I have a spondylolisthesis and lumbar disk degeneration. 
Due to a unrelated (and recent) illness, I also lost quite a bit of weight. I'm now suffering from sitting pain as well. 
Thankfully, my wife doesn't have any back issues. She is a side sleeper.
We purchased a Serta iComfort, a couple of years ago, after trying out many beds. It felt the best for both of us. 
I'm not really interested in dumping our bed but I need something that could help give me more support. 
I only sleep on my back because I have other muscular issues and it's the only position that I don't toss and turn. 
Do you have any recommendations? 
Thank you for your time. 
Greg

Hi Greg,
The memory foam on top of that mattress, is what has failed you.
Flip the mattress over today and sleep on it that way tonight.
(I know it was made to be one sided...but that didn't work).
The underside has none of that worthless memory foam.
Flipping the mattress will put the memory foam on the underside, where it can't do you anymore harm.
Tomorrow, if you wake feeling that your back is better, but the surface of the mattress is not comfortable, then add a latex topper.
This will give you surface comfort that won't sag and allow you to get more years out of that mattress.
The Pure Talalay Bliss 2" or 3" Plush Natural Talalay Latex Topper...shown here:


***********************************

Thank you, Pete.
We did as you suggested. You were 100% correct. My back feels much better, and the mattress is too firm for comfort.
My question it, which thickness latex topper should I get?
Thanks again, Greg

Hi Greg, 
Either one will improve the surface feel. But clearly, the 3" provides a greater degree of comfort than the 2".
If it were just you, the 2" is all a back sleeper needs.
However, a side sleeping female will, certainly, be appreciative of the extra comfort provided by the 3".


Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Protect and maximize your mattress investment. Use a waterproof mattress protector.

Comments