Regretting the Purchase of a Tempurpedic Mattress, Scoliosis and DDD.

Melissa writes:

Hi Pete,
I’m looking for a recommendation of a mattress and most likely a latex topper for me.  I’m a female, 5’5”, 165 lbs. 
I have scoliosis, DDD, a disk pushed anterior around L5/S1, and nerve related SI joint issues on the right side. 

1 year ago, I regrettably purchased a Tempurpedic mattress on the recommendation (as you guessed it of the salesmen) and of many friends.  
This was after my Beautyrest Black of almost 10 yrs had a significant dip in the pillow top.

Currently I wake up in the middle of the night with hip/shoulder/SI joint/and allover lumbar area pain.
In the morning, I have a lot of sacrum/hip/SI/lumbar area pain.  
I mainly sleep on my back and side.

I’ve slept on my mom’s Beautyrest Recharge, World Class, Plush from about 5 years ago and my back is much better, but still have some pain.
Your thoughts to what would be good for me?
Sincerely, Melissa

 
Hi Melissa,
An all foam mattress is, simply, the wrong type of mattress for disc related back problems.
On top of that, memory foam is the worst type of foam for any sort of back problem...serving only to make matters worse.
The Simmons Beautyrest uses an individually pocketed coil unit, which is much better.
Unfortunately, today's Beauyrests are upholstered with memory foam...and don't last more than a couple of years.

In fact, all of the name brands have been sold to investors who are using memory foam as a way to recoup their investment and turn a profit.
The only thing memory foam is good for, is to sell more mattresses more frequently to the same people.
From the mattress industry's standpoint, it's the best thing to come along...creating an economic boon.
From a consumer's standpoint, it's a total waste of money...not to mention the pain it causes of the health hazard it presents by off gassing the toxic chemicals from which it's made.

My wife and I, who are large people with a variety of physical ailments, including lots of disc problems a hip pain, have tested many different types of mattresses at home. The one we have, now, is the best of all we've tried....and the one I recommend for you.
The Natura of Canada Greenspring mattresses also use a pocketed coil unit.
Compared to Simmons, the coil count is higher and the coils are stronger.
Equally as important, the upholstery is natural Talalay Latex...and containing NO Memory Foam. 
Of their 5 models, the Plush Eurotop is the most comfortable...and the best choice for you and your hip.
Shown here:
https://themattressexpert.com/natura-greenspring-pocketed-coil-mattresses/


themattressexpert.com
Greenspring Liberty Firm Euro Top Experience deeper, more restorative sleep with the Liberty Firm Euro Mattress. Lush helpings of natural ingredients come together with a foam encased coil unit to gratify your hunger for luxury, affordability and eco-integrity.
White Glove Delivery, including Removal of your old mattress, is free and there's no sales tax.



Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments