Simmons Beautyrest Platinum Plush Pillowtop Mattress?

Aaron writes:

Thank heavens I found you blog! Hi Pete! I need help picking out a mattress! 
The mattress industry is the most confusing industry I've dealt with. 
I weigh 220 and my husband is about the same. I have arthritis in my knees and herniated discs in my back. 
I tried out a Tempurpedic in the store and loved the feel. 
I did a little Internet research, a lot of people mentioned that their Tempurpedics mattresses sagged in less than three years. 
One model I liked, was a Simmons Beautyrest Platinum plush pillowtop. What do you think of that mattress? 
What recommendations can you make for me - I don't want to make an expensive mistake! 
Many thanks! Aaron

Hi Aaron,
There are plenty of expensive mistakes to be made...not just the Tempurpedic. 
The one you're considering is also a mistake. A plush pillowtop Beautyrest will wear out faster than the Tempurpedic. 
It will also cause the physical pain that is all too common on a too soft mattress.
Between the non-tempered raw steel coils, the memory foam, the pillowtop and your body weights, you'd be lucky to get 6 months out of it.

I'm about your size, and with herniated disc...and more, let me recommend the kind of mattress we use at home.
Natura of Canada Greenspring mattresses use the same pre-compressed individually pocketed coil system as in the Simmons Beautyrest.
The differences are:
Double tempered steel used to make the coils
More coils. More and stronger coils translate greater durability...without sacrificing the contouring support that a pocketed coil unit provides. This is an ideal for heavier people.

The upholstery is Natural Talalay Latex...and contains NO Memory Foam.
Latex is the best upholstery material on the face of the earth...and has been for the last 100 years.
Over its 20 year history, memory foam has proven itself to be the absolute worst upholstery material ever invented.


Of the 5 Greenspring models, the Plush EuroTop is the most comfortable...shown here:
https://themattressexpert.com/natura-greenspring-pocketed-coil-mattresses/

           


themattressexpert.com
Greenspring Liberty Plush Euro Top. Experience deeper, more restorative sleep with the Liberty Plush Euro Mattress. Lush helpings of natural ingredients come together ...

Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX


Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments