Back Pain, Mattress or a Latex Foam Topper.

Renay writes:

Hello,
I am an emergency nurse and work twelve hour shifts, mostly on my feet.  I have recently begun to feel lower back pain and am not sleeping through the night anymore.  
I toss and turn in the early hours of morning trying to find a position of comfort.  I think I need a new mattress. 
I have narrowed it down to a Simmons based on your recommendations but am confused by all of the choices.  
I am currently sleeping on a Serta Perfect Sleeper Dalton that I purchased about six years ago.  
I have always liked a more firmer mattress, but desire something with softness on top too.  
I think the mattress is in fairly decent shape, maybe a little sagging going on, it does creak more often.  I have been the only one sleeping in it all this time, I am 5'5" and 140lbs.  
I didn't put a lot of thought into buying the mattress, I tested out just a few at JC Penney and picked this one because it was firm and cheap.
Thanks in advance.
Renay



Hi Renay,
Our recommendation for a good night's sleep is a reasonably firm mattress with a latex topper.
The mattress provides support and the latex topper relieves pressure points and relaxes your muscles.
The reason for the latex topper, is that you can't buy a mattress that will do both jobs for very long. The cheaper padding used in the mattresses won't keep their shape for very long.
The industry is designed to have you replace your mattress every few years. The latex topper is the most resilient upholstery material on the planet and will double the life of whatever mattress you use with it.

That said, it could very well be that all you need is a latex topper for the mattress you already have.
Your pain is coming from muscle strain. The latex topper will relax your muscles and get you ready for another day at work.

Since you will need a latex foam topper anyway, it makes sense to get that first and see if you really do need a new mattress, or will making what you have comfortable do the trick.
If it turns out that you really do need a mattress, you will have lost nothing...but, very well may be able to delay that purchase for a few years.
When you do buy a mattress, a Beautyrest in a luxury firm is an excellent choice.


Here is a link to that mattress:
Simmons Beautyrest World Class Annapolis Place Luxury Firm
Simmons Beautyrest World Class Annapolis Place Luxury Firm


The latex topper to get would be the 2" Soft Talalay, shown here:

Latex Foam Mattress Topper
Latex Foam Mattress Topper



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments