Fybromyalgia & ddd, Mattress and latex topper‏

Laurie writes:

I thought I would confirm with you which mattress I should purchase considering my circumstances. I am 97-100lbs. I have severe shoulder blade pain and am a side sleeper. The mattress I have now is about 10 years old; with a pillow-top; not being a popular name brand. I sleep with no other humans just a dog about 25#s and another dog about 15#s who get as close as they can to me on each side. My shoulder blade pain is stemmed from neck surgery fusion in 2008 which discs c5-c7 were fused causing over compensation in the lower spine causing the shoulder blade pain according to my physical therapist. I also have terrible hot flashes now being post menopausal. DX with fibromyalgia, (thank-You I will try the SAM-e vitamin supplement), degenerative disc disease tendonitis and arthritis. Also I currently have a queen size bed. Please let me know also if a King would be better in my situation. It would fit in my bedroom but might be a tight fit. Thank You for you expert opinion. I already know I will order the Latex Pillow. I would like to ask you what mattress I should purchase because I want something that will last longer since it is a large investment to me and I certainly do not want to have to exchange or return anything once I purchase it from your wonderful company! Thank You so much for your time and expertise Peter~
Sincerely, Laurie

Hi Laurie,
Unless you're planning on getting another human to sleep with you, I can't imagine the need for a king size. It's not like you'll have more room to sleep. The dogs will still be right up against you.
At your weight, even adding the two dogs, you don't need to spend much on the mattress. 
The tricky part is the cushioning. Normally, a 2" soft latex foam topper works well for your external issues. However, being so light, you would do better with the softer 3" Talalay topper.
As a best buy, the Simmons Beautyrest Flatbrook, shown here:


Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Classic Mattress
Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Classic


Latex Foam Mattress Topper
Latex Foam Mattress Topper




Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.


Comments