Still searching for a comfy mattress.

Kim writes:

Hey Peter,
Several years ago my husband and I began our search for a comfy mattress. He's 5'8 - 160 lbs and I'm 5'5 - 130 lbs. I travel a lot & always sleep well on Marriott mattresses, so after reading your blog & researching mattresses we bought the Sealy Posturepedic spring-free "Glendale Oaks" with 100% latex core. We topped it with a 2" latex topper I purchased from you. We rotate &/or flip the mattress regularly but are both still experiencing mid to lower back pain on a daily basis. We are ready to throw in the towel and try something different. I would appreciate your recommendation.
Thanks, Kim


It's obvious to me that it needs to be firmer than what you have. I would suggest retaining the latex topper to use with your new mattress for surface comfort.
Since you two are fairly light in weight, you have more from which to choose.
My best recommendation is the Simmons Beautyrest World Class Annapolis Place in firm. It's good firm contouring support with plenty of push back.
The coils move independently from one another for maximum reduction in motion transfer.
And, it is going on sale this week, starting Thursday. You'll pay for the mattress only and get the boxspring at no charge.
Simmons runs their "Free Boxspring" sale a few times a year...and you happen to be catching the start of it for Memorial Day.
Here is the link showing the World Class line. Click on the mattress I pointed out for detailed information. Call me to order.

Simmons Beautyrest Recharge World Class Annapolis Place Firm



You can also go with the luxury firm model. It is a bit more comfortable to begin with. My concern is that you may have some undiagnosed back issues that make you sensitive to the changes a mattress goes through as it wears...as you have with your current mattress.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 (PST Hours 9am to 5pm, Daily)
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Featuring: Simmons Beautyrest, Pure Bliss & EverEden Latex Mattresses, All-Natural Latex Toppers
All Brand New, Factory Fresh to You.

************************************************************

Pete,
I appreciate your thorough evaluation.  My husband & have ridden horses for many years & both probably  have undiagnosed back issues.  I read where the Annapolis has memory foam which makes me wonder If it is a memory foam in the truest sense of the term or has the technology changed in the last 7 or 8 years? I tried a memory foam topper on a medium firm mattress about 8 years ago & hated it because it was too hard & hot.  It's now coiled up & taking up space in my storage room along with a memory foam pillow.
I appreciate your patience as I really want to get it right this time around :)
Kim

Hi Kim,
The memory foam used in the Simmons Beautyrest is quite a bit different from the memory foam used industry wide.
We've all seen the adds for memory foam where the hand print remains in the foam. That doesn't happen with Simmons' (Next Generation) memory foam. When you press your hand into it, the foam return immediately after removing your hand. It is far less temperature sensitive then regular memory foam and far more resilient.
All a reasonably moot point, however, as you have a latex topper to use.
Even with regular memory foam under it, a latex topper will insulate you from the memory foam and the heat it normally produces.



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 (PST Hours 9am to 5pm, Daily)
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Featuring: Simmons Beautyrest, Pure Bliss & EverEden Latex Mattresses, All-Natural Latex Toppers
All Brand New, Factory Fresh to You.

Comments