Stearns and Foster firm latex mattress, Talalay Latex Topper for shoulder and hip pain

Cecelia writes:

Hello. 
I've been sleeping on a Stearns and Foster firm latex mattress with no pillow top. After about five years, the mattress is allowing my hips to sink in, but not my shoulders. When I sleep on my back, my lower back is strained. When I sleep on my side, there's no comfortable position for my neck and shoulders, no matter what type of pillow I use.
I tried a couple of low-end toppers to see if they helped. One was like sleeping on a marshmallow, not a sensation I enjoy. Another provided nice cushioning for my shoulders, but not enough support for my hips and lower back. Neither slept hot, and that's important to me.
My build is pretty average, although my shoulders are about 1" broader than usual for a woman with a medium frame.
You often recommend a 2" latex topper. Would that cushion my shoulders and support my back? Also, what firmness would you recommend? Or would I be better off getting a new mattress?
Thanks for your expert advice, Cecelia


Hi Cecelia,
Normally, the 2" soft Talalay topper is recommended for maximum comfort.
Given that your mattress is firm and you need only a "bit" more softness at the shoulder and more support at the hip, your circumstances would suggest the medium firmness for the latex topper.

http://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/
All-Natural Latex Mattress Topper

Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.


Comments