Sealy Posturerpedic 'Reserve Moonrise Bay' Cushion Firm mattress‏

PJ writes:

Hi Pete
I bought a Sealy Posturerpedic 'Reserve Moonrise Bay' Cushion Firm four years ago and it is completely shot. I search all night for at least a small comfortable spot. I occassionally find one for 10 or 15 minutes and then I'm off searching again. I'm very tired at this point. The mattress sags up to 1 1/4" deep in many places. I talked with the company I purchased it from and they say sorry the sag must be 1 1/2" deep per Sealy to provide any compensation even thought it has a 10 year warrantee.
So I've been seaching for a new mattress and came accross your blog. I was considering not getting springs; but the latex queen mattresses are very pricey. I was hoping to stay under $800.00 for set. I'm 60 years old, weight 118 lbs and have low back and hip problems. More so the past few months; probably due to the state of my current mattress.
I am a back and side sleeper and want to stay with queen size.
  • What type/brand of mattress is best for a platform bed or do you need to use the box springs and not a platform bed for best results?
  • Do you mind recommending a mattress or a mattress set that you believe will provide restful sleep and comfort for joints and back.
Thanks for your time, advice and your blog.
PJ

Hi PJ,
Maybe we can save you more than you think.
At your weight, the coils inside your Posturepedic are still good. You're experiencing the sinking in of the memory foam they use.
If you add 2" pf soft or medium latex to the mattress you have, you'll have all the comfort you want for a good number of years longer...and for far less than the cost of a new mattress, which will likely give you the same result as what you have now. In today's market, it's difficult to find a mattress that will last longer than a few years. A latex topper will extend the life of any mattress you buy...and latex lasts a very long time.
For a comfortable, reasonably priced mattress, the Simmons Beautyrest Faltbook in luxury Firm is an excellent choice at your body weight. Here's a link to that mattress.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.


Comments