VOC off gassing from My Tempurpedic Mattress.


Robin writes:

Hi Pete,
I wanted to let you know that Tempurpedic quickly approved my new mattress.
But, they no longer carry the classic 9"... They only offered the 11.5" Contour Comfort Supreme unless I wanted to pay more money.

I put through the order last night but I'm I saw reviews that it may have more off gassing than others.
I have bad allergies and I had NO idea these beds emit voc's 

I'm checking with you in case you strongly feel a higher model is important.
Remember that my money is extremely tight-what little there is goes to rehab.
And I have to 2" talalay topper now.

I'm stuck with Tempurpedic but if you feel strongly there's one that's not much more expensive, I could try to pursue it.
I also have a tight woven zipped mattress cover ....does using that make sense?

I'm trying to get the new mattress ASAP bc it's caused SO MUCH more damaged to my back AND I can sleep at a friends on a much harder mattress for the next week.

And, you were right!! It also took steroids to ease and there's still a lot of damage, but flipping the bed and adding the latex topper made an UNBELIEVABLE difference!
Thanks SO much! 
I'd love to hear your thoughts about the mattress choice/exchange and how best to off gas, protect myself from it and how best to set it up.
Best, Robin 



Hi Robin,
Spending more won't get you a voc free mattress.
Memory foam consists of 61 different chemicals, some of which are toxic.
You're in a position where there's no escape from it.

If you can, take something heavy and roll it over the entire mattress top.
Doing this will break open the cells and release the gasses all at once.
Air out the room. It may take a few days to air out completely.
Once aired out, add your zipper on cover...upside down.

Use the new mattress upside down and add the latex topper.

themattressexpert.com
The Mattress Expert is your source for all natural latex mattress toppers including Talalay & Dunlop toppers. Click here for more information!
Doing this from the beginning will prevent it from wearing quickly, and will be much better for your back.
I hope you sleep well.



Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments