Trying to find a mattress that would be best for large people on a tight budget.

Shane writes:

Hello Pete
My girlfriend and I are in the market for a new king bed. Right now, we are sharing a full size bed and every night is a struggle for territory. 
I am a big guy over 300 lbs. And my girlfriend is also decent sized about 200 lbs and 5'2". Because of my size I give off a lot of body heat, I mean I'm literally a walking furnace. 
We just bought a condo together last may so our budget for the new mattress is VERY limited probably around $500-$600. 
We are desperate for a new bed and waiting another year to save up money is not going to really work for us. 
So that brings me to my question for you what brand of mattress do you recommend we look at, while keeping all of our faults in mind, (heat,size, budget, ext).
mattress that will last a while for us so we are not in the same situation 3 years down the rd. Oh I forgot to mention I'm a stomach and side sleeper and my girlfriend is also. 
She tends to like firm and I like softer. And what's a better choice memory foam or a spring mattress. 
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read my email and I look forward to hearing your professional opinion. 
Thank you again, Shane 


 
Hi Shane,
When you shop at stores, they talk about memory foam as if it were the best thing since sliced bread.
It isn't.
In fact, it is without equal, thee absolute worst product ever invented for this purpose.
You, very well, may be able to find a memory foam mattress in your price range. But, it would be a total waste of the little money you have.

Memory foam is a temperature sensitive material. It is the only upholstery material that is.
It softens as it warms from your body's heat....causing you to sink into it. And, it reflects your body heat back to you....causing you to sleep hotter than you already do.
The more you weigh, the further you'll sink.
This nightly business of warming and softening takes it toll on the resiliency of the memory foam.
It doesn't have much to begin with and loses the little it has within months of purchase.

Once it has lost its support and comfort, there would be little point in registering a complaint.
Once you get off of the mattress, the memory foam returns to its original shape...or close enough to it, that you will not prevail in a warranty claim.

The appropriate mattress for your size will also include a latex topper for long lasting surface comfort that sleeps cool.
And while those items are reasonably priced, by my standards, they are not in your price range. ($1799 total)

You will need to save for this.
In the meantime, go to Big Lots and get yourselves a Serta Perfect Sleeper.
Not what I would call a good bed, but the best you can get with the money you have to spend.



Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments