I need Queen mattress, and already have 2" your latex topper.

Hi Pete, 
I found you several years ago when I was researching mattresses and based on your blogs/advice. 
I purchased a Talalay 2" latex topper for my Sleep Number bed in hopes of putting off the inevitable mattress buy. 
The topper worked great, then I hurt my lower back, and now I can't sleep for more than 6 hours without waking up stiff as a board. 
The Sleep Number bed is now old, and I hate it, so it's time to go, but meanwhile I need something for the 2 years until I move in with my partner and we buy a king (and I can't spend more than $1K). 


I go to Disney twice a year and always sleep great there (e.g. wake up without back pain) so after some scrounging around I believe that means I should get the Sealy Posturepedic A3 Mire Monte Plush mattress.  
However, it looks like its got some of the dreaded memory foam on the top, so was wondering if I can just plop my Talalay topper on it and voila, have the bed of my dreams for 2 years (at which point it will become a guest room bed).  
If I had the budget for it, I'd get the Greenspring Liberty Plush or the Simmons Santorini based on what you've said in your blogs the past year.  
But I don't, and I just want to be able to wake up without pain for the next 2 years. What do you think?  
(P.S. I'm a 5'7" side sleeper who is in the process of shrinking down to 160 lbs in hopes that will help with the pain as well.)
Many thanks, Liz

Hi Liz,
That Posturepedic mattress has only 1/2" of memory foam and it's below the poly foam.
But still, you'll want to use the latex topper you have, with it...so that it won't lose it's shape....not to mention being more comfy.
Here a link to that mattress.
http://www.homemattresscenter.com/sealy-posturepedic-a3-mire-monte-plush

www.homemattresscenter.com
Sealy Posturepedic® Mattress - gotomattress.com ... Closest to your body, our covers are made with premium-quality fabric, with climate treatments designed to ...

Thanks, Pete

An Important Note: 
Any kind of moisture, be it from spills, accidents or perspiration causes a mattress to wear prematurely.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and won't shrink.

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.


Comments