Mattress & Latex Topper Recommendation for a sore hip.

Scott writes:

Hello Pete,
I am looking for a new mattress.  I am a 5'9" 190 lb. male, and I am a side-sleeper.  I have tried a couple of memory foam mattresses, and I found that neither had adequate support for me in the hip region. 
Over the course of the night my hips would sink too far into the mattress, and I would wake up with back pain from sleeping with a curved back.  On firmer mattresses, I have experienced shoulder soreness as well.
Could you recommend a good mattress for me?  I looked at some of your previous recommendations and saw a request similar to mine for which you suggested the Simmons Beautyrest Luxury Firm with a latex topper.  
Could that work for me?
Thanks, Scott

 
Hi Scott,
Yes. That will work for you. However, It could well be, that you don't need a new mattress.
The memory foam in your mattress is the problem. However, your mattress has memory foam only at the top.
The memory foam is supported by HD Poly foam....which provides much better support than the memory foam on top.
Over the years, many in your position have been able to get away with adding a latex topper to the flip side of that kind of mattress.
And since you will need that latex topper with the new mattress you mentioned, logic dictates that you get the topper first.
Flip your mattress over and add the latex topper.
If that doesn't work for you, then you can order the mattress.
But, based on my experience, that isn't likely.
What is likely, is that you will be good to go for a number of years, with just the topper applied to the flip side of your mattress.
If you'd like to give that a whirl, order the Ever-Eden 2" Soft Talalay Latex Topper...shown here:

https://themattressexpert.com/mattress-toppers-latex-more/


themattressexpert.com
These toppers are finished like a mattress, in a taped edged cotton/polyester knit cover.Talalay Latex is a more supple material and is Hypo-Allergenic
Thanks, Pete


An Important Note: 
Any kind of moisture, be it from spills, accidents or perspiration causes a mattress to wear prematurely.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and won't shrink.


Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments