New Mattress to Replace a Stearns & Foster Russell Square Plush

Debra writes:

Hi Pete,
Several years ago, I bought a Stearns and Foster Russell Square Plush mattress, which I've enjoyed.  
Unfortunately, it's sagging, my lower back hurts and I need to sleep!  From what I've read, your new recommendation is Simmons Beautyrest.  
What is your opinion of the Resonance model? 
From what I can see on the blog, you seem to recommend a firmer mattress with a 2 " latex topper.  I really don't want a topper.  
Just looking for a plush mattress that will support my spine.
If it helps, I'm 5'5 and weigh 115.  At 55, I can get hot at night, but they "claim" the new mattresses have some kind of cooling technology.  
(I guess there were enough complaints about memory foam overheating that they did something to address this.)
Besides the Resonance, is there another model you would recommend?  My current mattress is 14 ¼ inches high and I don't want anything much taller or shorter.  
(I have a custom made headboard and the height matters.  Also, my down comforter, duvet cover and sheets work well at about 14".)
Since I sleep alone, I don't need a double-sided mattress.  One side allows me to turn a queen model, which is good enough for one person.
Thanks in advance, Debra   



Hi Debra,
The cooling technology doesn't work any better than the memory foam. There are, still, plenty of complaints with today's Tempurpedic mattresses.
If you would like a mattress that you aren't likely to ever need to replace, here's one with no memory foam.
Made by Natura of Canada, their Greenspring line is made the same as the Simmons Beautyrest. That is to say, they use the same pre-compressed pocketed coil system.
The differences are substantial.
1) The Greenspring mattresses have a higher coil count.
2) The steel from which the coils are made, is twice tempered. Simmons uses raw steel that isn't tempered at all.
3) Most importantly, the Natura Greenspring mattresses are upholstered with Natural Latex...and contain NO Memory Foam.
We have this mattress at home. Each of us are twice your size. And after more than a year, there is no signs of wear.
Their thickest and most comfortable model is 13" thick...the Plush Eurotop model.
https://themattressexpert.com/natura-greenspring-pocketed-coil-mattresses/

themattressexpert.com
Greenspring Liberty Plush Euro Top. Experience deeper, more restorative sleep with the Liberty Plush Euro Mattress. Lush helpings of natural ingredients come together ...
If you buy a Simmons Beautyrest, you will need a latex topper for it. Otherwise, you'll be out shopping again in a couple of years.
If you don't use a latex topper, you'll just be throwing your money away.
With the Natura of Canada Greenspring, the latex is in the mattress. A separate latex topper isn't necessary.
At your size and age, the Natura of Canada Greenspring mattress should last you the rest of your life.
The value that this quality gives you, is unmatched. 


Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments