Mattress is Too Firm and needs a soft Talalay Latex Topper.

Allison writes:

Hello Pete,
I’ve been reading through your blog and have found you to be a wealth of information and are hoping you can help us out as well.  
My husband and I recently purchased a new (Cal-King) individually pocketed coil innerspring Firm mattress and a foundation.  
We’re always been in heaven when sleeping on the pillow-top mattresses at hotels.
But after doing some research, we decided against purchasing a pillow top or any type of “plush” mattress.  
We were just too afraid they would not hold up in the long run so we decided to buy a “basic” firm mattress and then add a topper if needed to soften it.   
Well.. every night I have slept on our new mattress I have had pain in my shoulder pressure points, ribs, hips and even my elbows because the mattress is just too firm.   
I’ve heard you need to give it some time so we did.  
After two months with no respite, I finally started sleeping in our daughter’s bed which is much softer and my pain immediately went away.   
We went back to our local retailer and they were great at offering an exchange.
However we just didn’t feel comfortable going with something softer that might feel wonderful in the short term, but would start to sag and flatten out over time.  
Instead we have decided to just keep our Firm mattress and figure out what type of topper would be the best to soften it up.  
My husband is not having the amount of pain I am but he is a stomach, back, and side sleeper so I am thinking it may be because he doesn’t stay in one position for any length of time.  
I’m 5’11”, 175 lbs and primarily a side sleeper.  My husband is 6’0”, 210 lbs.   
After doing some more research we are now thinking that a Latex Topper might be our answer.
We are not exactly sure which one would be the best for us and if that would help to solve our problem.   
At this point I am just wanting some pain free sleep in my own bed!  
Thank you, Allison

Hi Allison,
You were right to stay away from plush and pillowtop mattresses, as they do not keep their shape or comfort for very long.
You were wrong in following salesman's advice in allowing your mattress to break in. 
A firm mattress provides good support for your back, but will never provide the surface comfort you need to sleep without pain.
Only soft latex will do that and do it long term. 
You would have been better to get that latex topper from the beginning.
An EverEden 2" soft Talalay latex topper will relieve the pressure points and relax your muscles for a deep, comfy, painless night's sleep.
Here is the link to the latex toppers. 
https://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/

themattressexpert.com
Soften the surface of a too firm mattress. Insulate yourself from the memory foam in your mattress to Sleep Cool. Extend the comfort life of your mattress.

Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX


Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments