A Stearns & Foster Mattress Like My 20 Year Old One.

Debbie writes:

Dear Pete,
Help! I am a Stearns and Foster mattress lover and I would like to purchase a new one after 20 plus years....
I am a cosmetic dentist who would like a recommendation of which Stearns and Foster mattress would be best for me.
I am 55 years old, sleep on my stomach and side but I have lower back pain and now wake up with numbness in my shoulders and hands.
In addition, I still suffer with hot flashes and allergies. I am 5' about 95 lbs...and my boyfriend is 5'9" and about 245 lbs. 
We need something that will work for us ....could you please be so kind as to let me know what you recommend.
Thank you so much for your time!
Debbie



Hi Debbie, 
My biggest concern is your disappointment, given your level of expectation...which you have from your current experience.
It was easy to be a Stearns & Foster lover, when they were the Cadillac of the Industry.
Now that they are owned by Tempurpedic and every model is loaded with memory foam, they're nothing more than expensive junk.
We stopped selling S&F in 2013 when Tempurpedic bought them. 
All of the name brand mattresses have suffered a dramatic decline in quality when comparing them to those made 20 years ago. 
The one thing that has caused this decline is memory foam, of which there was none in the mattress you have now.
And, if you want your new mattress to last, you need to avoid buying a mattress upholstered with memory foam.
My recommendation is to avoid buying any Name Brand mattress. They have all betrayed their trust with the consumer....substituting profit for the quality they used to make.
If you want a mattress that is similarly made to you 20 year old S&F, you'll find that there are only a very few smaller manufacturers making mattresses like that.
The closest we have is an old fashioned, two sided, flippable mattress...using the same components that S&F used back then.
The most comfortable of the 3 mattresses in that line is the Brooklyn Plush model, on this link:

themattressexpert.com
Old Fashioned made Two Sided Mattress that you can flip. Strong coil unit and NO Memory Foam. Durable for Plus Sized People. Works with Adjustable Bed Bases.

Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX


Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments