Return Customer Needing a Mattress Recommendation.

Adrienne writes:

Hi Pete,
We are return customers. I purchased a full sized mattress from your site a few months back for my now 5 year old daughter. 
After only a short wait, we got the mattress you recommended, and our daughter is very comfortable (we often have to wake her up)!  
Now we are looking for a replacement Queen-sized mattress for my husband and me.  
I am 5'6" and weigh about 190 lbs and am primarily a side sleeper (with a pillow between my legs), though I will sometimes lay on my stomach.  
I have suffered from neck and shoulder pain for the past several years, and recently started experiencing hip pain too.  
Some mornings, it feels as if I walked miles with heavy weights on my shoulders. My husband is 5'8" and weighs about 180 lbs.  
He can sleep anywhere, anytime, but has recently been complaining of back pain.  

Our current mattress is our 3rd in under 5 years.  Prior to that, I had used the same mattress for almost 10 years without incident.  
When we changed mattresses, we first tried a foam, but I did not feel it would give us the necessary support long term.  
When I sat on the edge to put on shoes for example, it felt like I was sinking.  
We returned it within the 30 day satisfaction window and then went with a regular mattress, but it started sagging within the year and we were able to replace it under the warranty. 
Unfortunately, we didn't know better and went with a pillow-top (I've since read many of your blog postings and agree that that was not the right product for us).  
It is a Simmons Beautyrest Black, Perla Pillow Top.

I am desperate for relief and am ready to invest as needed in the right mattress.
One that will provide a good night's sleep, with no body aches, and provide support so I do not feel as though it is sagging before its time.  
I am open to the Latex models, but really am looking for your guidance as to what model/brand/style would fit those requirements.  
Thanks in advance for your time! Adrienne


Hi Adrienne,
An all latex mattress is considered to be the best you can buy. 
You can also opt for a lesser expensive Simmons Beautyrest and add a 2" soft Talalay latex topper. 
My wife and I are large people and have been sleeping on a Natura Greenspring mattress, which is similar to the Beautyrest, but much better made.
The coils in the Natura Greenspring are twice tempered and the upholstery is latex. Simmons doesn't temper their coils and the upholstery is memory foam.
The difference in quality and longevity is like night and day.
It's the memory foam in most of today's mattresses that has created all your problems...something to avoid.
I suggest the Natura Greenspring Liberty Plush Eurotop model, as it is the most comfortable of the 5 models.
No worries about support, comfort or longevity with this mattress.
Shown here:

themattressexpert.com
Greenspring Liberty Plush Euro Top. Experience deeper, more restorative sleep with the Liberty Plush Euro Mattress. Lush helpings of natural ingredients come together ...

Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX


Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments