Advice about a Sealy Posturepedic SpringFree Beachside latex mattress.

Steven writes:

Hello Pete,
I read your post to an inquiry about a Sealy Posturepedic SpringFree Beachside latex mattress. I have one which is basically in unused condition. 
It has been lying flat on a boxspring in my basement for the last 4.5 years. I don't know if I should prepare myself for the soft polyfoam to turn to mush or if it will not breakdown. 
It feels fine when I sleep on it.   Do you think that the Poly foam will always breakdown?  
By the way, what was the online price for a queen size mattress of this caliber at the time?
Thank you, Steven.



Hi Steven,
Get a waterproof mattress protector protector for that mattress.
This one sleeps cool.

themattressexpert.com
Danican Mattress Protectors. All-Natural Waterproof Mattress Protectors Allergen Proof Dust Mite Proof Easy Fit protects mattresses up to 18″ deep.
Moisture from perspiration will do more to break down the poly foam, than anything else.
Kept dry, the poly foam layer should wear just fine.

The other factor is body weight. 
I assume from your name that you are Asian. An as such, are likely to be lighter in weight.
When the time comes...when the poly foam finally breaks down, you'll then flip it over and add a soft latex topper. But, that should take quite a while.
I wouldn't worry about until then.
Retail price for queen at the time...$1699...if I recall correctly.



Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"


Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments