Happy with my new Ever Eden Latex mattress. Relieves pressure points.

Susan writes:

Pete,
The Ever Eden Latex mattress arrived quickly and although it's only been a couple days I'm happy with it thus far.  It seems to relieve my pressure points even better than the latex topper alone.  I want to keep the current box springs so the bed looks like a normal king bed.  I married the new 6" latex with both 3" latex toppers I had previously on the king.  
The combined 12" of latex matches well, height-wise, with my husband's twin xl mattress.  
I had read somewhere that the latex mattress needs a solid base and should not be put on a box spring.  
I had planned to put wooden slats over my box spring for this reason but then the heights won't match as well.  
Do you think this is necessary?  My existing box springs are from our original Kingsdown mattress.
Thanks again for ALL your help.
Susan


Good Morning Susan,
While not surprised, I'm happy to hear of your positive results. 

When shopping for a latex in a showroom, it will be displayed with a solid foundation.
The feel of that latex mattress will not be the same on a boxspring...hence, the reason for what you read.

Adding wooden slats seems excessive to me, when a 3/4" sheet of plywood will also do the job, which may be of some help to your husband on his side of the bed.

However, I wouldn't do that just because you read it somewhere. If what you have now is working for you, then it doesn't need to be adjusted.
Adding the slates of the plywood will change the feel a bit...making it firmer.

If at anytime in the future, you feel the need to alter the feel in some way, please feel free to contact me about it.
You will have your mattress a very long time. It will, definitely, out-live the boxspring you're using.
  Shop The Mattress Expert

View the mattress that Susan is enjoying.
http://themattressexpert.com/mattress-brands/all-natural-latex/evereden-latex-models/




Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email:
themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments