Temperpedic knock-off mattress

Erin writes:

Hello Peter - 
My husband and I are on a search for a new mattress. We've been sleeping on a Temperpedic knock-off (Visco I guess?) and want to steer as far away from those in the future as possible. We would like a pretty firm mattress with a bit of padding on top or a modest eurotop. My husband sleeps a little hot so I want to ensure he is cool throughout the night. We tried the Serta Sanford Firm and the Sealy Posturepedic Cason Bay Firm which my husband loved, but I felt it was lacking a tiny bit of that layer of softness on the top and the arch under my back was close to the mattress, but not really lying into it like I would like and it worried me. Besides that I liked the way it felt. I liked the Serta Reese Eurotop, but I think my husband was concerned his rear end was sinking too much (he weighs 175 and i weigh 110). We'd like to not have to spend more than $1000 for a Queen and one last important trait for the mattress is that it not wake either of us up when one moves during the night. In trying beds out we've recognized that some of these are MUCH better at hiding movement than others. Thanks for your help in advance!!!


Hi Erin. 
I think your heading in the right direction with a Sealy model. However, that Sealy model is a Preferred model. It has the lowest coil count of the line. Your husband is right to be concerned about sinking too much. Stay away from mattresses that have extra thick tops on them. They don't keep their shape well. They also tend to sleep warmer, due to the extra padding engulfing you. A cushion firm model will give you the firmness you want with just a little cushion. 
Look at the next level up. The Reserve 7, our Dante Park, has the higher coil count. You should be able to get the queen size within your budget.



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments